Friday, May 18, 2012

So much better

It seems all I needed was a couple of sunny days with the whole family at home to really rejuvenate my spirit. Mac is doing really well at home. He is only on 1 of the anti-nausea meds so we are starting to see glimpses of "Mac" return. He is so out of it on the other meds. We have the visiting nurse come daily for his injections of neupogen and check his vitals. So far so good!  Mac enjoyed a short walk with me yesterday. We just walked to the end of the street and back which isn't very far but great to help regain his strength. He is tolerating his nighttime nutrition feeds again which will also help. He still has no interest in eating or drinking so I have been giving him pedialyte through his gtube. The biggest change I have seen has been in Mac. Over the past couple days he has started to laugh again. It is so nice to hear! It has been a long time since I have heard him really laugh.

Liam is doing well, although he hides his pain very well. Yesterday morning I asked him about a recorder concert at school that I just remembered seeing something about but couldn't remember any of the details. I, of course, missed it. I asked why he never said anything about it and his response was "I thought you were too busy" with tears starting to fill his eyes. That hurt!

Hopefully this week we will return to clinic on Monday for chemo, a blood transfusion if needed and hopefully with some luck return home! I am really hoping he is home for the entire week. Liam has his field day Thursday that I really want to be at for him and then has Friday off. I will be sending up some prayers for an uneventful couple of weeks!

Enjoy the beautiful weather that is to come and always remember life is short! The laundry and cleaning will always wait but the memories you can make with family and friends are fleeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment