Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our past few days

We were able to spend a great long weekend together. Mac got out a little but chose to stay home on Sunday to rest. Monday we all went to the cemeteries together just as we always do. It was nice to be able to keep one of our traditions. Mac went to clinic today and his numbers all look good. He had a hearing test and his hearing continues to remain stable. We have an ECHO/EKG on Monday morning and then Mac will be admitted for at least 6 days for chemo. This is the last scheduled inpatient chemo on the current protocol, but as    you know that could change at any time.

Liam has really started to show the effects of the cancer on him.  He has been saying he thinks about Mac's cancer a lot and that he feels sad. When we talked a little more he told me that he misses the "old Mac" because he does not act the same way he used to. We all miss the silly, carefree Mac that used to dress in costume everyday and bust out his dance moves! Liam seems so worried about Mac. Last week when Mac was taking a long nap Liam asked me if it was possible that Mac was dead. I assured him he was not and told him how I could see him breathing. I knew this because I had checked on him several times myself.

As summer activities begin I find myself thinking back to last year. Oh how much has changed. Every part of our lives has changed. We no longer can make plans in advance for we never know what the next hour let alone week will bring. But we are thankful for any time we can spend together.

Mac continues to surprise us with his strength and courage. I am so blessed to have such remarkable sons!

1 comment:

  1. Becky,

    Just had to agree. Liam and Mac are the coolest!

    Hugs,
    Carragh

    ReplyDelete