Tuesday, April 23, 2013

04/23/2013

I wanted to take a quick minute to thank everyone for the overwhelming support and kind words we have received over the last week. We will continue to need your help and support during the last days of Mac’s life and even more in the years to come when we need to learn how to live in a world without him. He has always been the final piece in the puzzle of our family. I will never understand why Mac was chosen to take this journey or how we got so blessed as to have him in our family. We seem to have gotten control over his seizures and a good schedule for his medications to keep him as comfortable as possible. He was able to open his eyes yesterday for a couple of minutes and played a few rounds of thumb wrestling. Liam has been very quiet this past week. We have talked with him about what is going on but I think that he is trying to be the rock of the family and be strong for us all. I hope he will be able to talk to someone soon about his feelings but don’t know how to get him there yet. His social worker is coming Thursday so she may be able to get him to open up. I will try to keep everyone updated as best I can, but I am physically and emotionally exhausted and find it takes all my strength just to get through each day. I am struggling to even understand the emotions of fear, pain, and anger I feel and am at a loss for words as to describe our current world.

8 comments:

  1. Don't think twice about updating us. Enjoy your time with your beautiful family. We will be here for you for anything you need, whenever you need it.

    Thinking of you always, <3.

    Brittainy Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about the quick turn of events surrounding Mac. I can not imagine how difficult this must be for you all. Mac is so lucky to have a family who truly have his best interests at heart. I will be continuing to think of you all.
    Kim (pedi bmt nurse)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These precious moments belong to you and your family.

    I will be here to love and support all of you, today and always.

    Mac - I love you more than words can tell.

    Always,
    Cousin Carragh

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Carragh.... these moments belong to you, Billy, Liam, Bridget, Auntie Candy, and your family.

    I'm always here to support you all in any form.


    Mac, you are my hero. Words can not describe how much you mean to me as a person, a cousin, and as a supporter. I love you to the moon and back kiddo!


    <3 Always,

    Cousin Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you all. Sending love, precious moments and peace.

    It's difficult to love people as much as we love you guys, and not be able to fix anything. I know we all wish for a magic wand to make things right.

    You're all in our hearts, minds, and prayers and we couldn't love you all more.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many of us who work with Uncle Mike have been following Mac’s heartbreaking story.

    There are simply no words.

    I cannot imagine a child feeling more loved and cherished over the last 16 months. Many people live a whole, long life and never feel so loved and comforted by their family. While his little body struggles, his heart must be filled with love.

    ReplyDelete