Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mac is still resting. He had another seizure this morning. According to the hospice nurse she estimates his time here on earth to be only a few more days to a week. We have talked with Liam, but I am not sure how much he really understands, because to be honest, as an adult I don’t understand how this happens. Never would I have ever dreamed that on my 37th birthday that I would be calling our priest to arrange the sacrament of Anointing of the Sick or calling a funeral home to make final arrangements for my 7 year old son. I don't even know how to wrap my mind around the knowledge that Mac will never turn 8. The decision to bring Mac home the single most difficult decision we have ever had to make. In my heart I believe it is the right thing for him. The last 2 weeks Mac has not been himself. He has been weak, tired and unstable on his feet. Even before that he started getting very upset at the thought of going to see the doctors. He had had enough. The MRI on Wednesday showed regrowth of the 3 tumors he had surgery on last month, the original tumor is still there, and at least 3 new tumors have started since last month. He is in and out of consciousness so we continue to be able to tell him how much we love him. We have decided that continuing to pump poison into him because we were not ready to let go yet would not be in his best interest. Thank you all for the overwhelming words and acts of support and comfort during the start of our most difficult days. We will continue to need them over the next years because soon our family will be broken in a way that can never be fixed.

11 comments:

  1. Prayers for Mac and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all so loved. My buddy...

    Always,
    Cousin Carragh

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems as though it was Mac who made the decision to return home and you were willing to listen with your heart. Love an compassion reign in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers, and love for your whole family. I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for everything you are going through.. I am very sorry that Mac is so sick. I don't know Mac or his family but my heart is broke for this little boy and his family..I will be praying for Mac his family and friends in this most difficult time.. May God Bless all of you.. Prayers and love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are praying for Mac, Liam, you and your husband and your family. Our thoughts are with you through this very difficult time. Mac has touched so many people with his bravery and strength. God Bless your family.

    Mrs. Scales and Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. I just don't know what to say. I wish I had the words to describe my sorrow and heartbreak for all of you. May God look over and wrap Mac in his love and protection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are no words to even express how you all must be feeling. You have been given a special challenge and Super Mac has lived up to it. He is without a doubt the strongest boy I have ever met and Liam has been a trouper throughout this experience. God blessed you with two remarkable boys even if one has to be taken too soon. Mac is amazing, brave, insightful, courageous and wise beyond his years. May God watch over all of you now and always. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Denise, Lexi and Sam Guignard

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine what you are going through. My heart aches for you and your family. I wish you love and strength as you go through this journey. Xoxox

    Love and Light, Cousin Bridget

    ReplyDelete