Sunday, March 17, 2013

Another good night

I just got an update from Billy. Mac had another good night. He is having a hard time sleeping with all of the leads for the EEG on his head and is still sleepy from all the meds and sedation but besides that doing well. He was very happy with the gifts from the leprechaun! The plan today is to clamp the drain that is in his head to drain his spinal fluid to watch to make sure the pressure does not build up in his head. If all goes well they will remove the drain tomorrow. They will also remove the EEG leads so hopefully he can get some rest. If all that goes well he will be moved out of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and into the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit if they have a bed for him. If not, we will be going up to the 7th floor. Fingers crossed the BMT has a bed! I had a great day yesterday with Liam. We watched a couple of movies and Cousin Carragh brought over a full corn beef and cabbage dinner for us! One of the movies we watched was Rise of the Guardians. I hadn't heard too much about it, but Liam and I loved it. It also could have been that it has been too long since I have put everything aside, cell phone, computer, and any other distraction and just watched a movie with him. I will definitely be doing that more often! This morning I am gong to be packing up for another week in the hospital with Mac. I hear we may be getting another storm and kept help but hope for another snow day for Liam! He has standardized testing this week and I'm not sure if his head will really be in it. Also a bit saddened to learn he will still have homework this week. With all he has been through I was hoping he could just come home after school to relax and be a kid while our family is apart and our schedules are all off. He has been through so much... Thank you all so much for all the prayers. I know they are being heard and have faith they will be answered in a way that will bring Mac home soon and feeling good. He has a lot of UMass Lowell baseball games to attend to cheer on the River Hawks!!

1 comment: