Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012


We have just returned from an especially needed family vacation. I was a complete stress ball for the first few days. I was a nervous wreck about getting all the meds through airport security, which proved to be no problem at all, and then spent the next few days worrying that Mac was going to get sick from all the germs on the plane. He wore a mask in the airport and on the plane, but those things are an illness just waiting to happen. I was so scared he would catch something and I would not know what to do with him down in Florida. Luckily, my prayers were answered and everyone stayed healthy! The boys had a great time at LEGOLAND and Universal Studios (although they spent more time in the gift shops than anywhere else). They spent most of the rest of the time in the pool at Nana’s. It was so nice to see them just be kids again. Mac spent most of his time smiling and chatting like I have not seen him do in many months. I can’t begin to explain the feeling of looking at your child, knowing all the pain and suffering they have been through and all the worry and stress they carry on their little shoulders, and seeing the look of pure joy on their face as they swim and splash in the pool. These are the things that I once took for granted, but now pray that we all have the chance to experience more of, together.

Wednesday is a big day for Mac. He has several appointments and will be going in for an MRI at 12:30.  I continue to hope and pray for a miracle for our family, but regardless of the results, I know that with my family, friends, and faith we will continue down this journey we have been thrown on, together. Please continue to pray for us all and as the holidays approach please do not lose focus on what is really important in this life. Hug all those children in your lives extra tight and never forget to be thankful for the many lessons they teach us and any amount of time we are granted to share with them. They are the true miracles in this world.

1 comment: