Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 12, 2012

Mac continues to do well. They upped his chemo dose from 50% of the total dose to 75% last Thursday. At first he seemed to be doing really great with it but he has been getting sick first thing in the morning the past 2 days. We have no complaints though because after he gets sick he feels good for the rest of the day.

Liam is also doing well. It has been so helpful to have such a great social worker for him to talk to. We are in the process of looking into a boy scouts group for him to get him more involved and around kids his own age. We are hoping this will help him get a break from our "new normal" life too.

We have a great week ahead. We are going on a boat ride on Tuesday night in Boston Harbor with Cops for Kids with Cancer and Saturday is our big day at Fenway with the Spinners for the Futures of Fenway game. We are all looking forward to watching Mac throw out the first pitch and meet some of the Star Wars characters. Tickets are still available if anyone is interested in joining us!

All in all we are all doing really well. I have to be honest my anxiety about school starting is growing a bit. Only because I have no idea what to expect though. I feel so blessed to know that with Mac's return to St. Margaret School he will be re-entering one of the most generous and kind hearted communities I have ever been a part of. I know they will keep me informed and keep his AND Liam's best interest in mind at all times. I just have never been good with unknowns as I have said before. Luckily, I am married to a "go with the flow" kind of person to help balance us out!

Thank you all for continuing to follow our journey and the continued support.


1 comment:

  1. I am most definitely looking forward to seeing my little friends face everyday! Enjoy the rest of the summer. Love you guys, Mrs. Ruggiero

    ReplyDelete