Monday, April 30, 2012

Our time at home

Mac is doing well at home. He is still not eating and drinking as much as I would like but he did have a glass of lemonade and a piece of cake this morning for breakfast. The combination turns my stomach but he seemed to enjoy it! I figure the calories in the buttercream frosting alone will help fatten him up a bit! He still tires very easily and is weak but has really enjoyed spending time with this cousins this past weekend and helps Nana water the grass seed every day. It is so nice to see him start smiling more and begin to be more verbal. Liam has enjoyed taking Mac wheelchair "for a spin" around the house!

I am astonished every day by the incredible strength and grace both Mac and Liam have in their daily lives. As a parent I could not be more proud of both of them. I feel like a can take a small amount of credit for the wonderful boys they are growing up to be, but I think they both been born with so many gifts that make up who they are that cannot be taught. It seems long before they were both born this journey was in our plan. They are here not for us to teach them, but for them to teach us how to really live life. I look back to our lives PC (pre-cancer) and I wonder what I was thinking. Things that used to make me crazy like the balance of your saving account or the condition of our home seem so unimportant now. Mac and Liam have taught me to live every day focusing on the really important stuff like making time to just sit and be with them. The laundry and errands will be there tomorrow. I now take the time to thank God for another day with both of them at home and pray for the same strength they have and faith in our future.

 If anyone is interested in joining our Harbor Walk/Run team or can make a donation it would be greatly appreciated. Pediatric Cancer needs the support of communities and people to receive the funding and publicity it deserves. It is such a great and deserving cause!

Thank you to all that continue to follow our journey and pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that he is having some time at HOME! Every moment home is so very special!
    You are doing an AWESOME job with the Harbor Walk! I hope to get to meet you then!

    Nancy Whipple

    ReplyDelete