Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Liam

Today is Liam's 9th birthday. As I think back to his birth at 7 1/2 weeks early and weighting 3.7 lbs I can remember the mixture of emotions between complete and unconditional love and fear for what the future would bring for him. Now, 9 yrs later, I have those same emotions. He has been such an inspiration of strength, hope, and faith for us all! I wish there was some way for me to express this to him today on his birthday in a way that he could grasp just how much his place in our family is imperative to us getting through each and every day with the smiles and laughs. But, due to circumstances out of our control, I cannot even give him his whole family together to celebrate. Liam is really a special boy. Anyone who has met him can see this instantly. I have always said he is 8 going on 80 because of his incredible wisdom.  So today on this special day I just wanted to take a minute to share with the world this incredible child and thank God for choosing us for the tremendous gift of knowing and loving Liam!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Liam! I feel privileged to know him through your mother, Becky. And so many times, the "Liam stories" have brought me to tears and admiration for his wisdom. He is indeed a special child! So glad that Liam is able to bring such support to Mac and the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Liam!!! You must be so proud of yourself to be such a wonderful, strong and inspirational big brother. I know how much my 6 y/o looks up to his 9 y/o sister so I can only imagine how much Mac must be looking up to you, his older brother. I hope you have an amazing day!!! =D Denise

    ReplyDelete