Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cuts for a Cause

Today we had the privilege of participating in the Cuts for a Cause to benefit Tufts Floating Hospital. I can not say enough about how gracious the Bruins players that participated were to the kids. Mac was very nervous so once the clippers were on hand he did not want to do it. Luckily, big brother Liam came to the rescue and took over. I can't blame Mac. If Chara was sitting in front of me I'm not sure I would have wanted to take clippers to his head either. I have to say, the players today really showed what it meant to be a role model. They were friendly and patient even when some people where pushing past the kids to get an autograph. We made some really great memories today thanks to the people at the hospital and the Bruins!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    It was so great to see you today. Mac is one strong and I must say Handsome young man! My Spencer said he wants to be friends with him, because he goes to his hospital too! You are in such great hands at Tufts. I know Mac will fight this and beat it. Please, now you know who I am and you know I know the hospital. Let me know if you ever need a ride or if you need me to try to get you a discount at a hotel, a home cooked meal or anything. I have walked every year at the walk a thon for Spencer's office! This year I will walk for both Spencer's metabolic team and for Mac and his team of doctors. Nice to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they had a great time! Bruins are my favorite, so I know how excited they must have been. There is a great picture of Liam and Mac cutting Chara's hair on the boston.com. I can send it to you via email if you don't see it online. Mac looks great!
    Mrs. Scales from SMS!

    ReplyDelete