Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25th



Things are going great! Mac is starting on a new oral chemo tomorrow that will hopefully go as smoothly as the last one. Mac's hair and eyelashes have started coming back. I'm not sure if they will stay or fall out agian with the new chemo, but just seeing the peach fuzz is exciting! Mac has started getting ready to return to school in September or rather thinking about what kind of backpack he wants! 

We are going on a boat ride tomorrow night around Boston Harbor with the Cops for Kids with Cancer that both boys are looking forward to. Also, the social worker returns tomorrow to talk with Liam. He is so excited about this and seems to have a lot he wants to talk about. I couldn't be more proud of him. It is so nice to see him recognize the stress he is under and want to talk about it rather than hold it in and allow it to manifest itself in destructive ways.

This has been an emotional week for me. I started packing up my classroom yesterday and was surprised at how hard it was on me. In my heart I know I am doing the right thing for both my family and the children who would've been in my class by not returning. At this time I could not give them the dedication they deserve in a teacher nor the reliability. It's funny how since I was a child I wanted to be a teacher. I got scared by the idea when I was younger and my life took another path. After Mac was born and about to start preschool I returned to get my Master's degree and License. It seems like I finally had it all. The happy and healthy family, great job and a plan for my life. How quickly things change. I don't even know what to expect for tomorrow let alone next week or year. I just pray for direction in finding a more flexible position that will be even partially as fulfilling and fun as teaching has been.


1 comment:

  1. Even if you are not standing in front of a class of children in a formal classroom setting, the life lessons that you have provided for so many people (myself included) during the past 6 months are a testimony to what I have known for a long time ~ you are a born teacher! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete